1993 Korea Baseball Organization
(Redirected from 1993 KBO)
The 1993 Korea Baseball Organization was the 12th KBO season. The Haitai Tigers continued their dominance, winning their 7th Korean Series, with star hurler Dong-yeol Sun turning in a miniscule 0.78 ERA, saving 31 games and winning 10.. The MVP was Samsung Lions first baseman Seong-rae Kim, who led the league in homers (28) and RBI (91). Bursting onto the scene as Rookie of the Year was Joon-hyuk Yang, also with Samsung - he won the batting title (.341), led in slugging (.598) and led in OBP (.436). By the time his career ended in 2010, he held most of the KBO's career offensive records.
The following players won Gold Gloves, which in the KBO go to the best overall player at each position are not a defensive (only) award.
- P: Dong-yeol Son, Haitai Tigers
- C: Dong-soo Kim, LG Twins
- 1B: Seong-rae Kim, Samsung Lions
- 2B: Ki-woong Kang, Samsung Lions
- 3B: Dae-hwa Han, LG Twins
- SS: Jong-beom Lee, Haitai Tigers
- OF: Jun-ho Jeon, Haitai Tigers
- OF: Gwang-rim Kim, Ssangbangwool Raiders
- OF: Soon-chul Lee, Haitai Tigers
- DH: Gi-tae Kim, Ssangbangwool Raiders
- Haitai Tigers, 81-42-3
- Samsung Lions, 73-48-5
- OB Bears, 66-55-5
- LG Twins, 66-57-3
- Binggrae Eagles, 61-61-4
- Lotte Giants, 62-63-1
- Ssangbangwool Raiders, 43-78-5
- Taepyungyang Dolphins, 34-82-10
Playoffs: LG def. OB, 2 games to 1. Samsung def. LG, 3 games to 2.
1993 Korean Series: Haitai def. Samsung, 4 games to 3.
- Average - Joon-hyuk Yang, Samsung .341
- Home Runs - Seong-rae Kim, Samsung 28
- RBI - Seong-rae Kim, Samsung 91
- Steals - Jun-ho Jeon, Haitai 75