2003 Korea Baseball Organization
(Redirected from 2003 KBO)
The 2003 Korea Baseball Organization was the 22nd KBO season. The Hyundai Unicorns won their third Korean Series, beating the SK Wyverns. The season was notable for Seung-yeop Lee setting not only the KBO home run record by going deep 56 times, but the Asian record (Alex Cabrera, Sadaharu Oh and Tuffy Rhodes had all hit 56 in Nippon Pro Baseball). Lee barely won the home run crown, as Jong-soo Shim cracked 53 homers.
The following players won Gold Gloves, which in the KBO go to the best overall player at each position are not a defensive (only) award.
- P: Min-tae Chung, Hyundai Unicorns
- C: Dong-soo Kim, Hyundai Unicorns
- 1B: Seung-yeop Lee, Samsung Lions
- 2B: Kyung-hyun An, Doosan Bears
- 3B: Han-soo Kim, Samsung Lions
- SS: Se-wan Hong, KIA Tigers
- OF: Jong-soo Shim, Hyundai Unicorns
- OF: Joon-hyuk Yang, Samsung Lions
- OF: Jong-beom Lee, KIA Tigers
- DH: Dong-joo Kim, Doosan Bears
- Hyundai Unicorns, 80-51-2
- KIA Tigers, 78-50-5
- Samsung Lions, 76-53-4
- SK Wyverns, 66-64-3
- Hanwha Eagles, 63-65-5
- LG Twins, 60-71-2
- Doosan Bears, 57-74-2
- Lotte Giants, 39-91-3
Playoffs: SK def. Samsung, 2 games to 0. SK def. KIA, 3 games to 0.
2003 Korean Series: Hyundai def. SK, 4 games to 3.
- Average - Dong-joo Kim, Doosan .342
- Home Runs - Seung-yeop Lee, Samsung 56
- RBI - Seung-yeop Lee, Samsung 144
- Steals - Jong-beom Lee, KIA 50