Howard Rodney Edwards
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 215 lb.
- School MiraCosta College
- Debut April 21, 1962
- Final Game August 29, 1970
- Born December 10, 1936 in Red Jacket, WV USA
- Died August 20, 2018 in San Angelo, TX USA
Catcher Doc Edwards earned his nickname while serving in the medical corps in the Marines. After he retired as a player, he was a big league coach with the Philadelphia Phillies from 1970 to 1972 (the Phillies reactivated him as a player for part of the 1970 season). He joined the Cleveland Indians staff in 1985 and in 1987 was promoted to manager, a position he would hold for a little more than two years. He was then a New York Mets coach in 1990 and 1991. He has since been an independent league manager for many years.
See also Minor League Wins by a Manager
|Cleveland Indians Manager
Year-By-Year Managerial Record
- Dan Barry: "A Baseball Lifer Adds Chapters, a Game at a Time", The New York Times, June 25, 2013.