[htGuadalajara is the capital of the state of Jalisco, in western Mexico. It is located 350 miles west of Mexico City. The city was host to the 2011 Pan American Games. Since 2014, its main ballpark has been located in its western suburb, Zapopan.
Guadalajara was the site of the 2018 Caribbean Series, its first time ever hosting the tournament.
Teams that have played here
- Charros de Jalisco, Mexican League (1949-1952, 1964-1975, 1988, 1991-1995)
- Charros de Guadalajara, Mexican Center League (1977-1978)
- Charros de Jalisco, Mexican Pacific League (2014-present)
- Mariachis de Guadalajara, Mexican League (2021-present)
People born here
- Alberto Carreón, minor league infielder
- Raúl Carrillo, minor league pitcher
- Roberto Castellon, minor league infielder and manager
- Jesse Flores, pitcher
- Luis Garcia, minor league infielder
- Luis Gómez, infielder
- Miguel Gonzalez, pitcher
- Vicente Lenero, author
- Luis Iván Rodríguez, minor league pitcher
- Christian Villanueva, infielder
People who died here
- Ossie Álvarez, infielder
- Miguel Gaspar, minor league catcher and manager
- John Shackelford, infielder
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.