Fluor Field at the West End
- Name: Fluor Field at the West End
- GPS-able Address: 945 South Main Street, Greenville, SC 29601
- Ballpark Owner: Greenville Drive
- Architects: DLR Group
- Groundbreaking: 5/28/2005
- Minor League Baseball Teams: Greenville Drive (A+) 2021-present; Greenville Drive (A) 2006-2020
- Class/League History: A+/South Atlantic League 2022-present; A+/High-A East 2021; A/South Atlantic League 2006-2020
- First Professional Baseball Game: 4/6/2006; stadium debut of Class A Drive
- Others Playing or Operating Here: None
- Previous Ballpark Names: West End Field 2006-2007
- LF: 310 CF: 420 RF: 302
- Seats: 4,200
- Stated Capacity: 5,700
- House Baseball/Softball Record Attendance (as currently configured): 7,839, 4/24/2022
Fluor Field at the West End is the home of the Greenville Drive, the Boston Red Sox' South Atlantic League farm team. The Fluor Corp. engineering firm landed naming rights in 2008.
The ballpark that was then known as West End Field opened in 2006, two years after the Atlanta Braves yanked their owned-and-operated Double-A team from Greenville Municipal Stadium to Mississippi because they were unhappy with the ballpark's condition.
Echoes of Boston's Fenway Park, which are everywhere, earned it the nickname "Little Fenway" - the 30-foot tall "Green Monster" in left field (although Fenway's is 37 feet tall), Pesky's Pole in right, and the outfield dimensions all around. It even has a manual scoreboard, one of eight in the minors.
There's another echo of history across the street: the Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum. The Greenville native's last residence, moved there in 2008, was moved again July 30, 2020 - this time just 100 yards west. That move took less than an hour and cleared land to build the .408 Jackson apartment complex, which is named for Shoeless Joe and his all-time Major League record rookie-season batting average. The Coronavirus pandemic delayed the museum's reopening to June 25, 2021.
The 6,700-seat ballpark jumped its house baseball record crowd by nearly 300 on April 24, 2022 - hosting 7,839 that included 2022 Reading All Stars from the four counties that border Greenville County. The RAS Celebration Game for Greenville County students the following May 3rd also outdrew the previous mark, 7,554 over 7,551.
|Current ballparks of the South Atlantic League|
|North Division||South Division|
|Daniel S. Frawley Stadium | Dutchess Stadium | Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium
Maimonides Park | ShoreTown Ballpark
|Bowling Green Ballpark | First National Bank Field | Fluor Field at the West End | L.P. Frans Stadium |
McCormick Field | State Mutual Stadium | Truist Stadium
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.