Heritage Financial Park
(Redirected from Dutchess Stadium)
- Name: Heritage Financial Park
- GPS-able Address: 1500 NY-9D, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
- Ballpark Owner: Dutchess County
- Architects: Liscum McCormack VanVoorhis LLP
- Groundbreaking: 4/9/1994
- Minor League Baseball Teams: Hudson Valley Renegades (A+) 2021-present; Hudson Valley Renegades (A-) 1994-2020
- Class/League History: A+/South Atlantic League 2022-present; A+/High-A East 2021; A-/New York-Pennsylvania League 1994-2020
- First Professional Baseball Game: 6/18/1994; stadium debut of Class A-Short Season Renegades
- Others Playing or Operating Here: None
- Previous Ballpark Names: Dutchess Stadium 1994-2022
- LF: 325 CF: 400 RF: 325
- Seats: 4,494
- Stated Capacity: 4,494
- House Baseball/Softball Record Attendance (as currently configured): 7,119, 7/9/2011
Heritage Financial Park near Wappingers Falls, NY, is the home of the Hudson Valley Renegades, the New York Yankees' High-A South Atlantic League farm team. Despite its Wappingers Falls address, it lies closer to Fishkill, NY, than to the Falls - less than a mile from the Hudson River.
A "long-term" naming rights contract with Heritage Financial Credit Union changed its two decades-old original name, Dutchess Stadium - for Dutchess County, NY - going into the 2023 season.
"The Dutch" features a view of the Adirondack Mountains beyond the outfield fence. It is located in a largely wooded area just north of I-84 but off a side road between Beacon, NY, and Wappingers Falls. The main road between the two towns goes through Fishkill, which is east of the ballpark.
Built in 71 days for the relocated Erie Sailors, its gates opened literally as the last seats were bolted into place for their second home game. Because it wasn't ready for the first, the Hudson Valley Renegades debuted at Wahconah Park in Pittsfield, MA, on June 17, 1994 - news you may have missed amid coverage of a white Ford Bronco on the L.A. Freeway.
Dutchess County voted in December 2022 to move $25 million from its general fund to capital projects - mostly to get The Dutch into compliance with standards MLB mandated under its 2021 Minor League Reorganization. That work is now underway. The county's lease with the Renegades runs through 2046.
|Current ballparks of the South Atlantic League|
|North Division||South Division|
|Daniel S. Frawley Stadium | Dutchess Stadium | Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium
Maimonides Park | ShoreTown Ballpark
|Bowling Green Ballpark | First National Bank Field | Fluor Field at the West End | L.P. Frans Stadium |
McCormick Field | State Mutual Stadium | Truist Stadium
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
Subscribe to Stathead Baseball: Get your first month FREE
Your All-Access Ticket to the Baseball Reference Database
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.