Wahconah Park

From BR Bullpen

Holding 4,000 fans, Wahconah Park in Pittsfield, MA was 352' to left field, 362' to center and 333' to right. The park was designed before night baseball existed and as a result, "sun delays" were needed to protect batters from the glare of the setting sun; this was finally changed in 1989. It was used for the Pittsfield Hillies, Pittsfield Electrics, Pittsfield Indians, Pittsfield Phillies, Pittsfield Red Sox, Pittsfield Senators, Pittsfield Rangers, Berkshire Brewers, Pittsfield Cubs, Pittsfield Mets, Pittsfield Astros, Berkshire Black Bears and Pittsfield Colonials. It was renovated in 1919, 1927, 1931, 1946, 1949, 1976 and 1989. No Pittsfield team has ever used another stadium as its primary home. * (exception found)

Primary source: Baseball's Canadian-American League by David Pietrusza

Wahconah - From CF.jpg

Wahconah - From Left.jpg


Photographs Courtesy of and Submitted by (c) Eric and Wendy Pastore http://www.digitalballparks.com