Sam Lynn Ballpark
Among the park's unusual features are its quite shallow centerfield (354 feet). Additionally, the park is aligned so batters face west, so the sun sets in hitters' eyes.
The stadium is named after Sam Lynn, one of the founders of the California League and one of the people responsible for bringing professional baseball to Bakersfield. Sadly, he died just months before the league began play.
Teams that have played here
- Bakersfield Badgers, 1941-1942
- Bakersfield Indians, 1946-1955
- Bakersfield Boosters, 1956
- Bakersfield Bears, 1957-1967
- Bakersfield Dodgers, 1968-1975, 1984-1994
- Bakersfield Outlaws, 1978-1979
- Bakersfield Mariners, 1982-1983
- Bakersfield Blaze, 1995-present