Timothy Paul Sullivan
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- School Saint Louis University, University of St. Mary
- Debut September 9, 1884
- Final Game September 12, 1884
- Born 1851 in County Clare, Ireland
- Died July 5, 1929 in Washington, DC USA
Ted Sullivan had one of the most varied careers of any person affiliated with baseball. He played in the majors in 1884. He served as the president of the Western League in 1885 and Northwestern League in 1886. He was an umpire in the National League in 1880 and in the American Association in 1887. He was also a manager (1883-1884 and 1888 in the majors), an owner, a sports writer, and worked in many other capacities.
A post here gives some of the activities of his life.
|St. Louis Browns Manager
Year-by-Year Managerial Record
Note: In 1890 the original Washington franchise managed by Ocheltree disbanded on July 30th, another Washington club replaced the original. It was managed by Sullivan. It is believed it also disbanded a few days later but no proof and no won-loss data has been found.
- Pat O'Neill and Tom Coffman: Ted Sullivan, Barnacle of Baseball: The Life of the Prolific League Founder, Scout, Manager and Unrivaled Huckster, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2021. ISBN 978-1-4766-8478-9