1908 Chicago Cubs
(Redirected from 1908 Cubs)
1908 Chicago Cubs / Franchise: Chicago Cubs / BR Team Page
Clinched Pennant: October 8, 1908, vs. New York Giants
World Series Champs
Managed by Frank Chance
History, Comments, Contributions
|1||Cubs - 10, Tigers - 6||October 10||Bennett Park||10,812|
|2||Tigers - 1, Cubs - 6||October 11||West Side Park||17,760|
|3||Tigers - 8, Cubs - 3||October 12||West Side Park||14,543|
|4||Cubs - 3, Tigers - 0||October 13||Bennett Park||12,907|
|5||Cubs - 2, Tigers - 0||October 14||Bennett Park||6,210|
- Gary Belleville: "July 16, 1908: Christy Mathewson bolts from the shower to preserve Giants’ victory over Cubs," SABR Baseball Games Project.
- Gary Belleville: "September 26, 1908: Cubs’ Ed Reulbach tosses back-to-back shutouts in doubleheader sweep of Brooklyn," SABR Baseball Games Project.
- Gary Belleville: "October 4, 1908: Mordecai Brown prevents Pirates from clinching pennant, helps Cubs regain first place," SABR Baseball Games Project.
- Nathan Bierma: "May 25, 1908: Cubs beat Giants in 10th on Joe Tinker’s walkoff hit," SABR Baseball Games Project.
- Hal Bock: The Last Chicago Cubs Dynasty: Before the Curse, Rowman & Littlefield, Lanham, MD, 2016. ISBN 978-1442253308
- G.H. Fleming: The Unforgettable Season, University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln, NE, 2006 (originally published in 1981).
- Mike Huber: "October 14, 1908: Cubs win World Series for second year in a row," SABR Baseball Games Project.
- Norm King: "September 23, 1908: Giants, Cubs play to disputed tie in ‘Merkle Game’," SABR Baseball Games Project.
- Corinne Landrey: "The 1908 Cubs celebrated their World Series with a dinner, an exhibition game, and a 100-yard dash", "Cut 4", mlb.com, November 4, 2016. 
- George R. Matthews: When the Cubs Won It All: The 1908 Championship Season, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2009.
- Cait Murphy: Crazy '08: How a cast of cranks, rogues, boneheads and magnates created the greatest year in baseball history, Smithsonian Books, Washington, DC, 2007.
- Stew Thornley: "Regular Season Showdowns", Baseball Research Journal, SABR, Vol. 47, Nr. 1 (spring 2018), pp. 85-90.
- Washington Post: "Cubs win Pennant; Score enough runs in one inning to beat New York" Historicnewspapers.com, October 9, 1908