Sidney Dean Roberson
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 9", Weight 170 lb.
- School University of North Florida
- High School Orange Park High School
- Debut May 20, 1995
- Final Game September 29, 1995
- Born September 7, 1971 in Jacksonville, FL USA
He is one of four major league players to come out of the University of North Florida. All of them attended there in the period 1990-1995, with Brian Tollberg being there at the same time as Roberson.
Roberson is one of three major league players with that last name, all of whom broke in after 1990. Kevin Roberson was also in the majors in 1995, appearing in 1993-96, while Chris Roberson broke in during the 2006 season.
After his major league season, he pitched a few games in Triple A in both 1996 and 1997. He had two rotator cuff surgeries, and the injuries ended his career.
He had majored in accounting in college, getting his degree in 1994 with highest academic honors. After baseball he became a financial adviser and later a manager with Morgan Stanley, where he was quite successful.
- 1993 Pitcher of the Year California League Stockton Ports
- 1994 Pitcher of the Year Texas League El Paso Diablos