We apologize for temporary issues with the appearance or functionality of this site. They are being addressed.
1959 Milwaukee Braves
Managed by Fred Haney
Team Captain: Del Crandall
History, Comments, Contributions
The 1959 Milwaukee Braves, looking to secure their third straight National League pennant, finished tied with the Los Angeles Dodgers after 154 games. A three-game playoff was needed to determine the league champs, and the Dodgers won it, two games to none, to move on to the 1959 World Series.
Awards and Honors
- All-Stars: Hank Aaron, Lew Burdette, Del Crandall, Johnny Logan, Eddie Mathews, Warren Spahn
- NL Gold Glove: Del Crandall (C) and Hank Aaron (RF)
- Associated Press: "Braves Name McHale, Tiger General Manager, to Same Post at Milwaukee", New York Times, January 26, 1959
- Lew Freedman: Hard-Luck Harvey Haddix and the Greatest Game Ever Lost, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2009. ISBN 978-0-7864-4124-2
- Gregory H. Wolf Del Crandall SABR