John Reid McIntire
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 180 lb.
- Debut April 14, 1905
- Final Game April 22, 1913
- Born January 11, 1879 in Dayton, OH USA
- Died January 9, 1949 in Daytona Beach, FL USA
Harry McIntire pitched nine years in the major leagues, primarily as a starter. He typically had an ERA that was a bit worse than the league average, and his career record was 71-117.
One observer crunched some numbers and chose McIntire as one of the "meanest pitchers" in baseball history. The theory was that a pitcher who hits a lot of batsmen is aggressive, and if that pitcher also has few wild pitches, it is possible that pitcher was hitting the batsmen on purpose. McIntire ranks # 2 on this list, with 96 hit batsmen compared with 14 wild pitches. Meanest pitcher in baseball
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 4 (1905, 1906, 1908 & 1909)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1905)