We apologize for temporary issues with the appearance or functionality of this site. They are being addressed.
2007 South Pacific Games
The 2007 South Pacific Games were the third South Pacific Games to feature baseball. Two-time defending champion Guam did not send a team, opening up the field more.
- Palau 13, Samoa 0. Samoa made its debut in an international tournament. They came up short, as one would expect. The game went five innings due to the mercy rule. Omengkar Nagata pitched three no-hit innings for Palau while Herman Alfonso was 2 for 3 with two runs and two steals. Charles Perelini had Palau's first hit while Perelini Perelini was their pitcher.
- American Samoa 28, Fiji 7. John Solaita drove in six and scored four runs, while Marcus Langkilde drove in four. Aisake Wagavonovono of Fiji hit the tourney's first homer. The game ended after three innings due to the mercy rule.
- Palau 7, New Caledonia 2. Ty Saiske allowed two runs in seven to beat Philippe Lecourieux (who would pitch for the French national team the next year). Tkoel Iyechad singled in a pair.
- New Caledonia 22, Fiji 2.
- Palau 12, Fiji 2. Palau improved to 3-0. Drake Yoshiwo homered and Omengkar Nagata and Kalson Dulei did the pitching for the victors. 14-year-old Joeli McGoon appeared for Fiji.
- American Samoa 15, Samoa 0. The more-established American Samoa beat their neighbors in a 5-inning mercy rule game. Vena Ma'ae threw a two-hitter, fanning 11 and walking four to beat Aukuso Isaia.
- New Caledonia 15, Samoa 2. Samoa got its first run in an international competition.
- Palau 14, American Samoa 5. The two unbeaten squads fared off and Drake Yoshiwo pitched well in a win, while Duke Reagen Sidoi hit a 3-run homer.
- Fiji 12, Samoa 0. Sitiveni Ligamamada defeated Lio Tuala as Fiji wins its first.
- New Caledonia 13, American Samoa 10. David Durand had a 3-run hit to break a 9-9 tie.
- Palau 14, Samoa 3. Winless Samoa actually lead a 3-0 lead after the first and was tied 3-3 after 3 before unbeaten Palau came back. Drake Yoshiwo hits an inside-the-park homer.
- American Samoa 14, Fiji 4. Murphey "Samuelu" Sili hits a two-run homer in the 2nd as American Samoa builds a strong early lead.
- Palau 15, Fiji 2. Palau finished with the best record in the round-robin, which would give them their first Gold when bad weather canceled the medal round. Ty Saiske hit a 3-run triple in a 5-inning mercy rule rout while Omengkar Nagata went the distance for the win.
- New Caledonia 25, Samoa 0.
- Palau 5, American Samoa 1.
Due to bad weather, the medal round was canceled. Palau won their first Gold, followed by New Caledonia and American Samoa.
See also 2007 South Pacific Games (Rosters)
Sources: Wayback Archive, Sporting Pulse, Wikipedia
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
Subscribe to Stathead Baseball: Get your first month FREE
Your All-Access Ticket to the Baseball Reference Database
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.