|1918 in baseball|
|<< 1917 1919 >>|
Championships, events, culture, births, and deaths that occurred in 1918.
- Major League Baseball
- World Series: Boston Red Sox (AL) over the Chicago Cubs (NL), 4 - 2 (Details)
- Minor League Baseball
- American Association: Kansas City Blues
- Blue Ridge League: Cumberland Colts
- Eastern League: New London Planters
- International League: Toronto Maple Leafs
- Pacific Coast International League: Seattle Giants
- Pacific Coast League: Los Angeles Angels over Vernon Tigers, 5-2 - the season was suspended on July 14 due to wartime travel restrictions
- Southern League: New Orleans Pelicans
- Texas League: Dallas Submarines
- Virginia League: Richmond Colts
- Western League: Wichita Jobbers
- Japan High School Baseball Federation
- National High School Baseball Championship: the tournament was canceled due to the Rice Riots (Details)
- Further information: Births in 1918
- Further information: Deaths in 1918
- Skip Desjardin: September 1918: War, Plague, and the World Series, Regnery History, Washington, DC, 2018. ISBN 978-1-62157-620-4
- Jim Leeke: "The Delaware River Shipbuilding League, 1918", in Morris Levin, ed.: From Swampoodle to South Philly: Baseball in Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley, The National Pastime, SABR, 2013, pp. 58-63.
- Jim Leeke: Nine Innings for the King: The Day Wartime London Stopped for Baseball, July 4, 1918, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2015. ISBN 978-0-7864-7870-5
- Tom Ruane: "A Retro-Review of the 1910s (the 1918 edition)", Retrosheet.org 
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
Subscribe to Stathead Baseball: Get your first month FREE
Your All-Access Ticket to the Baseball Reference Database
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.