University of Chicago
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Nickname: Maroons
- Conference Midwest Conference 2019-present; University Athletic Association 1989-1996, 2008-2018; Midwest Collegiate Athletic Conference 197?-1988; Big 10 Conference 1896-1944
- Division: III
MLB stats of players who are school alumni
Thirteen major league players have come from the University of Chicago as of 2015, with the most prominent being perhaps Ernie Banks.
Chicago was one of the founders of what was now the Big 10 Conference.
- Amos Alonzo Stagg, 1893-1912
- Pat Page, 1913-1920, 1931
- Fred Merrifield, 1921
- Nelson Norgren, 1922-1926, 1930
- Fritz Crisler, 1927-1929
- J. Kyle Anderson, 1932-1970
- John Angelus, 1971-1978
- Chuck Schacht, 1979-1982
- Roger Scott, 1983-1984
- Kevin McCarthy, 1985
- Greg Warzecka, 1986-1989
- Dave Wills, 1990
- Brian Baldea, 1991-2014
- John Fitzgerald, 2015-2021
- Kevin Tyrrell, 2022-present
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
Subscribe to Stathead Baseball: Get your first month FREE
Your All-Access Ticket to the Baseball Reference Database
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.