- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 190 lb.
- School San Diego State University
Tyler Lavigne was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 50th round of the 2009 MLB June Amateur Draft. He pitched for the Batavia Muckdogs in the New York-Pennsylvania League during the 2009 season. He was 2-2 with a 4.25 ERA, striking out 34 and walking only 8.
Lavigne was signed by the Normal CornBelters on April 9, 2010. Tyler started for the CornBelters in their very first game on May 21 against the Evansville Otters at Bosse Field in Evansville, IN. He gave up no runs in 6 innings while giving up only 4 hits, walking 1, and striking out 3 for his first victory. He was one of two CornBelters named to the Frontier League 2010 All-Star Team. In the 2010 season, Lavigne was 7-2 for the CornBelters with a 1.38 ERA.
- Hughes, Lavigne, CornBelters close first homestand with sweep
- Lavigne’s gem lifts CornBelters
- Lavigne leads CornBelters past Beach Bums
- 2 CornBelters named to all-star team
- Belters pair set to shine at all-star game
- CornBelters' all-stars help West win big
- Belters' Lavigne picked up by MLB affiliate