(Redirected from Stockholm)
Stockholm is the largest city and capital of Sweden. It is the site of the national Swedish government, the parliament, and the official residence of the Swedish monarch.
Stockholm has been the political and economic centre of Sweden since the 13th century. Today it is the largest municipality of Sweden, with a population of 788,269 (June 2007). The urban agglomeration of Stockholm has a population of 1,641,000. With its location several islands on the east coast of Sweden at the mouth of Lake Mälaren, by the Stockholm archipelago, it is widely renowned for its natural beauty.
It was the site of the 1912 Olympics, the first to feature baseball as a demonstration sport. It was also the site of the 1993 European Baseball Championship hosted six games of the 2009 Baseball World Cup.
People born here
- Bryan Berglund, minor league pitcher
- Oscar Carlstedt, Elitserien pitcher
- Johan Hasselström, Bundesliga catcher
- Max Hill, Elitserien player
- Tony Klarberg, Elitserien catcher and manager
- Magnus Pilegård, Elitserien two-way player
- Albin Sivard, Elitserien pitcher