John Sherman Lollar
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 185 lb.
- School Kansas State Teachers College of Pittsburg
- High School Fayetteville (AR) High School
- Debut April 20, 1946
- Final Game September 7, 1963
- Born August 23, 1924 in Durham, AR USA
- Died September 24, 1977 in Springfield, MO USA
Sherm Lollar spent 12 years with the Chicago White Sox and was an excellent receiver who threw out base stealers with regularity (47%). His best season with the Sox was in 1959, the year of the "Go, Go Sox", in which he hit 22 homers and had 84 RBI and played in the World Series.
- 1945 MVP International League Baltimore Orioles
- 7-time AL All-Star (1950, 1954-1956 & 1958-1960)
- 3-time Gold Glove Winner (1957/ML, 1958/AL & 1959/AL)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 2 (1958 & 1959)
- Won a World Series with the New York Yankees in 1947
- Most times two hits in an inning in a game, twice, 4/23/55 (tied)