Raymond Harold Harris
- Bats unknown, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 180 lb.
- High School Allegheny High School
- Debut 1929
- Final Game 1929
- Born March 5, 1898 in Allegheny City, PA USA
- Died July 25, 1964 in Pittsburgh, PA USA
Mo Harris was a second baseman and third baseman for the Homestead Grays from 1916 through 1929. He then became an umpire in the Negro National League from 1930 through 1943. For most of Harris's playing career, Homestead was a minor team. By the time they hit the prime time, he was primarily a sub. He was their starting 2B in 1929, hitting .212.
- The Complete Book of Baseball's Negro Leagues by John Holway
- The Biographical Encyclopedia of the Negro Baseball Leagues by James Riley
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.