Howard Dean Koplitz
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 195 lb.
- High School Oshkosh High School
- Debut September 8, 1961
- Final Game April 24, 1966
- Born May 4, 1938 in Oshkosh, WI USA
- Died January 2, 2012 in Oshkosh, WI USA
Pitcher Howie Koplitz was signed by the Detroit Tigers prior to the 1956 season. In 1961, he went 23-3 with a 2.11 ERA for the Birmingham Barons and was named Southern Association MVP and Minor League Player of the Year. That September, he earned a call-up to the majors, going 2-0 with a 2.25 ERA in 4 games for Detroit. However, he saw limited action the following summer, 1962, playing in just one game for the AAA Denver Bears and going 3-0 in 10 outings for the Tigers. He spent the entire 1963 campaign in the minors with the Syracuse Chiefs.
Following the 1963 season, Koplitz was selected by the Washington Senators in the 1963 Rule V Draft. He split the next three years between the majors and minors, with his best year coming in 1965, when he went 4-7 with a 4.05 ERA in 33 games with Washington.
- 1961 Minor League Player of the Year, Birmingham Barons, Southern Association
- 1961 MVP Southern Association, Birmingham Barons