Herman Pythias Dunlap
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 161 lb.
- Debut 1937
- Final Game 1938
- Born March 10, 1908 in Stonewall, MS USA
- Died May 15, 1978 in Los Angeles, CA USA
Herman Dunlap played four seasons for the Chicago American Giants. He hit .273 versus top black teams in 1936 and .186 in 1937 before spending two years on the bench. He was a member of the West team in the 1936 East-West Game, going 1 for 2 with a run after replacing veteran Bullet Rogan in left field.
- All-Star (1936)
- Black Baseball's National Showcase by Larry Lester
- The Complete Book of Baseball's Negro Leagues by John Holway
- The Biographical Encyclopedia of the Negro Baseball Leagues by James Riley
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.