Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League
The Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League was established by Major League Baseball for the development of college baseball prospects. The Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League is one of many Summer Collegiate Baseball leagues throughout the country and has produced numerous major leaguers over the years. Although the play is highly competitive, all GLSCL players are NCAA eligible and are unpaid in order to maintain their eligibility.
Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs and parks, experiencing overnight road trips and playing nightly before fans in a stadium.
- Cincinnati Steam-Cincinnati, OH
- Grand Lake Mariners-Celina, OH
- Lake Erie Monarchs-Flat Rock, MI
- Licking County Settlers-Granville, OH
- Lima Locos-Shawnee, OH
- Southern Ohio Copperheads-Athens, OH
- Xenia Athletes in Action-Xenia, OH