Donald Malcolm Scott
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 185 lb.
- High School Tampa Catholic High School
- Debut September 30, 1983
- Final Game October 4, 1991
- Born August 16, 1961 in Dunedin, FL USA
Catcher Donnie Scott was selected by the Texas Rangers in the second round of the 1979 amateur draft. He made his big league debut with the club late in the 1983 season. He saw the majority of his major league playing time in 1984 with the Rangers and 1985 with the Seattle Mariners. After spending time in the Baltimore Orioles and Milwaukee Brewers organizations, he finished up his big league career with a stint with the Cincinnati Reds in 1981.
Since retiring as a player, he has been a minor league coach and manager in the Reds system. He led the Billings Mustangs for five seasons, winning four league titles, and was named Pioneer League Manager of the Year in 1993. He managed the Dayton Dragons from 2001 to 2003 and the Sarasota Reds in 2006. In 2007, he returned as skipper of the Dragons.
- 1996 Minor League Field Coordinator Cincinnati Reds
- 1998-1999 Minor League Field Coordinator Cincinnati Reds
- 2000 Minor League Camp Coordinator Cincinnati Reds
- 2004 Coach GCL Reds
- 2005 Minor league catching coordinator Cincinnati Reds
- 2006 Manager Sarasota Reds