Big Jeff Pfeffer
Francis Xavier Pfeffer
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 185 lb.
- School University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- High School St. Mary's High School (Champaign)
- Debut April 15, 1905
- Final Game October 9, 1911
- Born March 31, 1882 in Champaign, IL USA
- Died December 19, 1954 in Kankakee, IL USA
Big Jeff Pfeffer was the older brother of Jeff Pfeffer. Neither "Jeff" was actually named Jeff, and Big Jeff was two inches shorter than regular Jeff. Big Jeff Pfeffer's real name was actually, Francis Xavier Pfeffer.
In 1911, his last season, pitching for the Boston Rustlers of the National League, Big Jeff handed Grover Cleveland Alexander his first career loss. Jeff would end the season with a 7 and 5 record, ending his career with 31 wins and 39 losses.