Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas
Nuevo Laredo is located in the northern Mexican state of Tamaulipas, on the Texas border, across the Rio Grande River from Laredo, TX. It is 145 miles north of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. In 1985 the Mexican League entry in the border town of Nuevo Laredo began splitting their home games between that town and Laredo, TX.
Tecolote is the indigenous language, Nahuatl's, word for "owl". A team from Nuevo Laredo took part in the Little League World Series in 2010 and 2012.
Teams that have played here
- Tecolotes de Nuevo Laredo, Mexican League (1940, 1944-1946, 1949-1959, 1976-1984, 2008-2010, 2018-)
- Tecolotes de Nuevo Laredo, Mexican Center League (1968)
- Tecolotes de los Dos Laredos, Mexican League (1985-2003)
Persons who were born here
- Ruben Amaro, infielder
- Hugo Castellanos, minor league pitcher
- Bobby Herrera, pitcher
- Pablo Ortega, minor league pitcher
- Sergio Perez, minor league outfielder
- Rolando Valdez, minor league pitcher
Persons who died here
- Chile Gomez, infielder
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.