Lance Robert Blankenship
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 185 lb.
- School University of California
- High School Ygnacio Valley High School
- Debut September 4, 1988
- Final Game August 15, 1993
- Born December 6, 1963 in Portland, OR USA
Lance Blankenship was signed as a 10th round pick in the 1986 amateur draft by the Oakland A's and scout Grady Fuson. He was a versatile utility man for the A's between 1988 and 1993, winning a ring as a member of the 1989 squad. A good on base man (.350 OBP with 200 walks in 461 games), Lance's undoing was his anemic bat (.222 average) with a meager .299 slugging percentage in an increasingly offense first era.
- Won a World Series with the Oakland Athletics in 1989
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.