|Location||Fukuoka, Fukuoka Japan|
Originally built as a soccer field, Heiwadai is located on the site of the former Fukuoka Castle. It served as a camp for American military forces in the post-World War II occupation. Its name means "pedestal of peace" due to its being built after the War. In 1950, it became a 25,000 seat stadium and lights were added in 1954. In 1958, capacity was extended to 33,900.