Donald Edward Nottebart
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 190 lb.
- High School Lexington (MA) High School
- Debut July 1, 1960
- Final Game September 6, 1969
- Born January 23, 1936 in West Newton, MA USA
- Died October 4, 2007 in Cypress, TX USA
"I didn't throw a curve all night." - Don Nottebart, talking about his no-hitter, in which he relied on a sinking fastball and sliders
First a reliever, then a starter, then a reliever again, Don Nottebart's best years were in 1963, when he had 11 victories for the Houston Colt .45's and pitched a no-hitter against the Philadelphia Phillies, and in 1966, when he had 11 saves for the Cincinnati Reds.
His obituary in the Boston Globe indicates that after baseball he ran a service station and also a carpet and flooring business. Don Nottebart