Daniel Miers Ardell
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 2", Weight 190 lb.
- School University of Southern California
- High School University High School (Los Angeles)
- Debut September 14, 1961
- Final Game September 27, 1961
- Born May 27, 1941 in Seattle, WA USA
Dan Ardell was a star at the University of Southern California in 1961, then was signed by the Los Angeles Angels and made his major league debut later that same year. The following year, in the minors, he was beaned and retired after a couple more years, never returning to the big leagues. He was one of the youngest players on the Angels in their inaugural season. Playing first base, his competition included Steve Bilko, Ted Kluszewski, Julio Becquer and Lee Thomas.
Main source: The book One-Hit Wonders.