Clytus George Bentley
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height Unknown, Weight Unknown
- Debut April 26, 1872
- Final Game August 9, 1872
- Born November 23, 1850 in East Haven, CT USA
- Died February 26, 1873 in Middletown, CT USA
Unlike most pitchers nicknamed "Cy", Cy Bentley was not named after Cy Young. In fact, Young was only five years old when Bentley pitched in the big leagues. Bentley pitched 18 times for the Middletown Mansfields in 1872 and also played outfield several times.
He was named Clytus, which got shortened to Cy. He was born in East Haven, CT, 30 miles from Middletown. He was 21 when he pitched for the Mansfields in 1872, and by February 26, 1873, he had died of consumption. 
The Mansfields had existed as an amateur team since 1866, so it is quite possible Bentley had played for them prior to 1872.