Charles Landis Shoemaker
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 155 lb.
- School University of Arizona
- High School Montebello High School
- Debut September 9, 1961
- Final Game July 26, 1964
- Born August 10, 1939 in Los Angeles, CA USA
- Died May 31, 1990 in Mount Penn, PA USA
Charlie Shoemaker played in 1961, 1962, and 1964 for the Kansas City Athletics, hitting .258 in 89 at-bats. He was also a tremendous college player who was named the shortstop on the 1940s-1950s College World Series All-Decade Team chosen by a panel of 60 voters representing CWS head coaches, media, and chairs of the Division I Baseball Committee in 1996 as per this website.
In the majors, he was a second baseman.
He committed suicide by self-inflicted gunshot wound in 1990.