- Win-Loss Record (1): 58-51-2 (.532)
- Win-Loss Record (2): 174-90-5-3 (.649)
- Ballparks: Dartmouth Grounds (April 30 - September 24, 1884); Congress Street Grounds (Apr. 19, 1890-Oct. 3, 1891)
- Players League: September 24, (1890), vs. Cleveland Infants
- American Association: September 26, (1891), At Baltimore Orioles
The first Boston Reds played in the Union Association in 1884. BR Team Page The team was owned by former player George Wright, while his sporting goods company, Wright & Ditson, was the league's official equipment supplier.
The next incarnation of the Boston Reds played in 1890 in the Players League and moved to the American Association for 1891 where they won the Pennant. They became the second team since the Brooklyn Bridegrooms to win back-to-back pennants in two different leagues. BR Team Page
Charles Prince was the top executive on the 1890 and 1891 teams.
- Peter Filichia: Green Cathedrals: The Ultimate Celebrations of All 273 Major League and Negro League Ballparks Past and Present, Addison Wesley Publishing Company, March 1993