Thomas Joseph Whelan
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 175 lb.
- School Boston College, Dartmouth College, Georgetown University, University of Notre Dame
- High School Lynn English High School, Worcester Academy
- Debut August 13, 1920
- Final Game August 13, 1920
- Born January 3, 1894 in Lynn, MA USA
- Died June 26, 1957 in Boston, MA USA
The high school kids of today would be very impressed with Tom Whelan, who managed to attend Dartmouth College, Georgetown University, Boston College, and the University of Notre Dame between the years 1913-1920. Then, in August 1920, he played one game with the Boston Braves, when he was 26 years old. At that point, he was two years younger than teammate Rabbit Maranville.
He also played professional football in 1920 and 1921.