Scott Patrick Sheldon
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 185 lb.
- School University of Houston
- High School Clear Lake High School (Houston)
- Debut May 18, 1997
- Final Game October 5, 2001
- Born November 28, 1968 in Hammond, IN USA
Scott Sheldon of the Texas Rangers played all nine positions in one game on September 6, 2000. He was only the fourth player to accomplish this feat in a big league game; Shane Halter, Bert Campaneris, and Cesar Tovar were the first three. In Sheldon's pitching appearance in the game, one third of an inning, he struck out Jeff Liefer, while at the plate he was 1 for 2 as the Rangers lost, 13-1, to the Chicago White Sox. What was most remarkable about that game was that it wasn't planned: Sheldon entered the game in the 4th inning as a replacement for C Bill Haselman.