Samuel Douglas Hale
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 8½", Weight 160 lb.
- Debut April 20, 1920
- Final Game August 23, 1930
- Born September 10, 1896 in Glen Rose, TX USA
- Died September 6, 1974 in Wheeler, TX USA
Sammy Hale had a lifetime batting average over .300 in the major leagues.
He managed three minor league teams in the West Texas-New Mexico League: the Midland Cowboys in 1940, the Wichita Falls Spudders in 1941, and the Pampa Oilers, also in 1941
- Won a World Series with the Philadelphia Athletics in 1929 (He did not play in the World Series).
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.