Raphael Anthony Lumenti
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 3", Weight 185 lb.
- School Boston University, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- High School Milford High School
- Debut September 7, 1957
- Final Game September 27, 1959
- Born December 21, 1936 in Milford, MA USA
- Died February 7, 2018 in Milford, MA USA
After going to Milford High School, Lumenti attended Boston University in 1954 and 1955 and the University of Massachusetts Amherst in 1956 and 1957. In 1957, he pitched 9 1/3 innings with the Senators and the next year came back for 21 innings. He got three more innings in 1959.
However, he spent most of 1958 and 1959 in the minors. In 1959 he went 15-10, split between two teams.
Lumenti threw fast at the major league level, getting 30 strikeouts in 33 innings. However, he was also sometimes wild, with 36 walks in his 21 innings in 1958. He also gave up walks in the minors, with 419 in his 544 minor league innings from 1958-1962.
He was the youngest player on the 1957 Senators, with the second-youngest being 21-year-old Harmon Killebrew. He was again the youngest in 1958, but in 1959 he was older than teammates Zoilo Versalles and Jim Kaat.