Peninsula War Memorial Stadium
Peninsula War Memorial Stadium was built in 1947 in Hampton, VA, proudly serving for 60 years. It housed the Newport News Dodgers from 1947-1955. It later was home from 1963-1974 and 1976-1992 to the Peninsula Grays, Peninsula Astros, Peninsula Pilots, Peninsula Whips, Peninsula Pennants, Peninsula White Sox and Virginia Generals. While most of these teams were class A, the Whips were a AAA team in 1972-1973. Teams using the stadium as a home won three Piedmont League titles, four Carolina League titles (1971, 1977, 1980 and 1992), and 8 Division Titles (1965, 1971, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1981, 1984, 1992).
War Memorial has had a complete renovation is now home to the Peninsula Pilots of the Coastal Plains League. It is a Summer College league and has kept the tradition of Peninsula War Memorial Stadium alive.