Patrick Lavon Mahomes
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 210 lb.
- High School Lindale High School
- Debut April 12, 1992
- Final Game August 26, 2003
- Born August 9, 1970 in Bryan, TX USA
Pitcher Pat Mahomes played with the Long Island Ducks of the independent Atlantic League in 2006. He continued to pitch in the indy leagues until 2009, when he finally retired at age 38. He pitched 11 seasons in the majors, with 308 games, going 42-39 from 1992 to 2003.
Mahomes' son Patrick Mahomes was a 1st round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft as a quarterback out of Texas Tech University by the Kansas City Chiefs and went on to be one of the game's biggest stars. He had also been drafted as a pitcher out of high school and played a few games with Texas Tech's baseball team.
- Bob Nightengale: "Patrick Mahomes – the NFL's hottest QB – grew up in MLB clubhouses", USA Today, September 18, 2018.