Ozzie Virgil (virgioz02)
Osvaldo Jose Virgil Jr.
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 205 lb.
- High School Moon Valley High School
- Debut October 5, 1980
- Final Game April 24, 1990
- Born December 7, 1956 in Mayaguez, P.R.
The son of Ozzie Virgil Sr., catcher Ozzie Virgil played mostly for the Philadelphia Phillies and Atlanta Braves during the 1980s. He also played for the 1989-1990 St. Petersburg Pelicans of the Senior Professional Baseball Association. He hit .290 in 23 games with the club. In 1990, Virgil again played for the Pelicans. He played in 19 games and was batting .302 with 4 home runs and 19 RBI when the league folded.
- 1978 MVP Carolina League Peninsula Pilots
- 2-time NL All-Star (1985 & 1987)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 1 (1987)