Marc Cooper Sullivan
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 205 lb.
- School University of Florida
- High School Canton (MA) High School
- Debut October 1, 1982
- Final Game October 3, 1987
- Born July 25, 1958 in Quincy, MA USA
Marc Sullivan is the son of Haywood Sullivan. Both were marginal-hitting backup catchers in the majors. Marc was signed as a 2nd round pick in the 1979 amateur draft by the Boston Red Sox and scout George Digby. He was then called up to the majors in 1982 during his father's time as General Manager (1978-1983). But it was mostly his complete lack of hitting ability (career .186/.236/.258) that caused some to believe this was a case of nepotism.
- Armand Peterson: "Marc Sullivan", in Bill Nowlin and Leslie Heaphy, ed.: The 1986 Boston Red Sox: There Was More Than Game 6, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2016. pp. 219-225. ISBN 978-1-943816-19-4