<googlemap width=300 height=300 lat="32.768602" lon="-97.337215" zoom="17" controls="small" type="satellite"> </googlemap>
|Address:||301 NE 6th St,
Fort Worth, TX 76106
|Also known as:||none|
|Field dimensions:||Left field - 325 ft |
Center Field - 400 ft
Right field - 335 ft
LaGrave Field was home of the Fort Worth Cats of the American Association. It was built in 2001 on the site of the original field of that name (see below) and opened in 2002. It was in use until the end of the 2014 season, but the disappearance of the Cats, who by then had switched to the United League, put its future in doubt. It was acquired by a businessman who wanted to re-develop the site for real estate, but as of 2017, it was left abandoned in increasingly derelict condition.
LaGrave Field was also used by Texas Wesleyan University.
LaGrave Field was also the name of a stadium that was home of the Fort Worth Panthers and Fort Worth Cats from 1926 to 1964. The stadium suffered a fire in 1949; it was rebuilt to hold 13,000 fans. In 1960 the team merged with the Dallas Rangers; the new Dallas-Fort Worth Rangers split their home games between LaGrave Field and Burnett Field. In 1965, Turnpike Stadium was built to replace both LaGrave Field and Burnett Field. The original LaGrave Field was demolished in 1967.
- Gordon Dickson: "Last pitch for LaGrave Field? Fort Worth baseball park falls into disrepair", Fort Worth Star-Telegram, March 24, 2017.