Jorge Bolivar Sosa
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 177 lb.
- Debut April 4, 2002
- Final Game October 2, 2010
- Born April 28, 1977 in Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, D.R.
Jorge Sosa was signed by the Colorado Rockies in 1995 and played outfield in their system through 2000. He was taken by the Seattle Mariners in the minor league phase of the 2000 Rule V Draft and immediatley converted into a pitcher. After striking out 61 batters in 60⅔ innings in 2001, he was again drafted, this time in the major league phase of the 2001 Rule V Draft by the Milwaukee Brewers. The Brewers put him on waivers in Spring Training and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays claimed him. Though Sosa was exceedingly raw, the fact that his live right arm could touch 100 mph convinced Tampa to keep him as a developmental project.
In 2008, Sosa was tested positive for amphetamine and suspended for 50 games.
- NL Winning Percentage Leader (2005)
- Won a World Series with the St. Louis Cardinals in 2006 (he did not play in the World Series)