- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Debut September 4, 1889
- Final Game September 8, 1889
- Born January 8, 1865 in Philadelphia, PA USA
- Died February 17, 1935 in Lebanon, PA USA
James Graham played four games for the Philadelphia Athletics of the American Association in 1889. He was previously listed as Barney Graham and little was known about him. However, a few notes allowed him to be matched with James Graham, son of James and Martha Graham, with both the father and son listed in Philadelphia city directories as weavers. A weaver named James Graham died in his hometown in 1918, but he was not the ballplayer, as other details did not fit. However, another candidate was found in Lebanon, PA, who turned out to be the ballplayer, as confirmed by an obituary in the local newspaper.
- "James Graham", in Bill Carle, ed.: Biographical Research Committee Report, SABR, May/June 2014, p. 4.