(Redirected from Jack (RL) Jones)
Uriah Louis Jones
(Ri or Angel Sleeves)
also known as Ryerson L. Jones
- Bats Unknown, Throws Right
- Debut August 13, 1883
- Final Game August 27, 1884
- Born February 4, 1859 in Terrace Park, OH USA
- Died November 29, 1936 in Fresno, CA USA
Ri Jones, known variously as Ryerson Jones and Jack Jones, was born Uriah Jones in Ohio in 1859. He played in the minor leagues for Springfield (OH) in 1883 and briefly in the majors for the 1883 Louisville Eclipse of the American Association and the 1884 Cincinnati Outlaw Reds of the Union Association, for whom he was the regular shortstop.
He worked for many years for the railroads after leaving baseball, and moved to Fresno, CA, where he died in 1936. Because of the confusion over his name, there was only cursory biographical information on him until 2007.
- "Ri Jones Found", in Bill Carle, ed.: Biographical Research Committee Report, SABR, Cleveland, OH, July/August 2007, p. 1.