- Bats Unknown, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 185 lb.
- Debut October 3, 1888
- Final Game October 4, 1888
- Born March 1, 1864 in Detroit, MI USA
- Died September 21, 1935 in Detroit, MI USA
"Yaik caught yesterday and considering his right hand was swollen to twice its natural size, he did reasonably well." - a Canton newspaper about Yaik's experience catching Cy Young, the fastest pitcher ever seen in Canton
Henry Yaik played two games in the major leagues. He also had a minor league career which started in 1887 and ended in 1895. In 1890 he caught Cy Young, saying he had never seen a pitcher he couldn't catch.
A SABR researcher found an image of Yaik in the 4/15/1888 issue of the Wheeling Register. SABR research