Harry Gilbert Gleason
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 6", Weight 160 lb.
- High School Camden (NJ) High School
- Debut September 27, 1901
- Final Game October 8, 1905
- Born March 28, 1875 in Camden, NJ USA
- Died October 21, 1961 in Camden, NJ USA
Harry Gleason was the brother of major league player and manager Kid Gleason. Harry had most of his at-bats as the regular third baseman for the St. Louis Browns in 1905, playing next to shortstop Bobby Wallace.
Harry was nearly nine years younger than his brother Kid, and stood 5' 6" while Kid stood 5' 7". He lived nearly 30 years after Kid died.
- Jack Morris: "Harry Gleason", in Bill Nowlin, Maurice Bouchard and Len Levin, eds.: New Century, New Team: The 1901 Boston Americans, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2013, pp. 86-92. ISBN 978-1-933599-58-8
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.