George B. Wetzell
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Debut August 26, 1885
- Final Game September 2, 1885
- Born 1865 in Philadelphia, PA USA
- Died November 25, 1903 in Philadelphia, PA USA
Not much is known about Wetzell. His exact date of birth, height, weight, throwing arm, place of death and date of death were all unknown for years. He was known to be from Philadelphia, PA, however, in a city and state where access to old birth and death records is very difficult, it was hard to find out more. The documents that are publicly available, however, do mention a George B. Wetzell living in the city, born in 1865 and who died there in 1903. There is enough circumstantial evidence to consider this person is the ballplayer.
- "George Wetzel", in Bill Carle, ed.: Biographical Research Committee Report, SABR, January/February 2011, pp. 1-2.