Gary Cooper (coopega02)
Gary Clifton Cooper
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 200 lb.
- School Brigham Young University
- High School Mountain View High School (Orem)
- Debut September 15, 1991
- Final Game October 6, 1991
- Born August 13, 1964 in Lynwood, CA USA
The second of the big league Gary Coopers, third baseman Gary Cooper appeared in nine games with the Houston Astros in 1991, batting .250/.368/.313 while pushing Ken Caminiti to the bench for three starts. In the minors during the four year period after his lone big league appearances, 1992 to 1995, he got on base at a .378 clip with a .491 slugging percentage. His time at BYU overlapped with that of Wally Joyner and Cory Snyder.