Fred Irving Howard
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 190 lb.
- School Miami-Dade South Community College, University of Maine
- High School Hoover High School (Fresno)
- Debut May 26, 1979
- Final Game September 6, 1979
- Born September 2, 1956 in Portland, ME USA
Fred Howard was a member of the Chicago White Sox in 1979. He was 1-5 with a 3.57 ERA. His lone win came on June 9th against the Milwaukee Brewers. He pitched 7 innings, giving up 5 hits, 1 earned run, walking 2 and striking out 4. On July 12th, he started and took the loss in the first game of a doubleheader against the Detroit Tigers at Comiskey Park; the Sox forfeited the second game as a result of the Disco Demolition Night debacle.
After baseball, he became a surgeon at Winter Haven Hospital in Winter Haven, FL.